Sometimes in your theme unneeded meta tags show up. They look like
<meta content="noindex,follow" name="robots"/>
or something like this.
I have seen three reasons for this:
- Plugin settings. In this case check your plugins, uncheck what’s needed. Main plugin candidates: All in One SEO Pack, other seo plugins.
- Blog Privacy atributes. In this case go to Settings -> Privacy and check
I would like my blog to be visible to everyone, including search engines (like Google, Sphere, Technorati) and archivers
- Hard coded values in theme files. In this case go to Appearance -> Editor and delete such meta tags from theme files.
Last night I heard a complain that Google isn’t indexing a web-page. That guy even wondered if he had been banned for some reason.
To understand what’s the problem we asked a few questions, got his website name and had a look at it.
What we got from his answers:
- Website is very new: only a few days on the net.
- He had verified it using Google Webmaster Tools
- It’s URL was added to Google: How to add a link to google
- His robot file was
user agent: *
So, for starters: his website was new, did not have inbound links to it, thus, it was untrustworthy from Google point of view. Page will get more trust and get indexed too, it just takes more time. Second and third knowledge point let us understand that Google is aware is this page and will visit it sooner or later.
Continue reading “Indexing pages and getting rank problems”
And, once again on to the breach:
Continuing WordPress plugin translation to Latvian, here comes next translation. This time it’s All in One SEO Pack. (Good plugin for all of us).
Translated mo and po files in zip archive format can be found here: All in One SEO Pack Latvian translation.
This translation is for Version 1.5.5.
If see any problems with this translation: don’t hesitate – let me know.